We live in a new world and COVID19 is accelerating it. The Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Governments have all made recommendations on how to slow the spread of the virus. Movement is being limited and some businesses have been forced to temporarily shut down. As housing is a necessity in daily life, the Province of Ontario has deemed Real Estate Professionals to be an essential service to the public.
The team at Digi Brokerage takes COVID19 and the health and safety of our clients and community very seriously. These are challenging times for all of us. Some people need the real estate market to continue to move forward because they are either moving to/from Ottawa or have already committed to a purchase or sale and need to make another one in order to have a place to live.
Thus, we have implemented the following practices:
- Holding all nonessential meetings digitally via Phone, Zoom, FaceTime etc.
- Executing all documents and contracts digitally
- Limiting showings to 30 minutes to reduce the contact with a property
- Rescheduling showings to a safer date if clients are unwell or have travelled within the past 14 days
- Not holding Open Houses
- Limiting the number of showings per day
- Not permitting overlapping showings
- Promoting handwashing and sanitizing before and after showings
- Suspending company events and holding our Buyer Seminars digitally
- Offering virtual walk-throughs of listings
As this situation evolves, we are constantly monitoring recommendations from our Government and Health Organizations to adjust our practices.
Our goal is to keep everyone safe while balancing our clients’ real estate needs.